Audrey's Blog

A Blog For You

Perkei Avot Playlist

May20

PERKEI AVOT PLAYLIST

Songs; Verse 3, Verse 6, Verse 10, Verse 11, and Verse 15.

My first song choice was based on verse 3. Verse three is about having what you think is friends but in your time of difficulty, you find out they are not. I think that you should understand that in these moments, that these people who used to be your friends should not be anymore, because even if they have an excuse, friends should have your back. The song I chose is called “Real friends” by Camilla Cabello. Part of the song says, “I’m just lookin’ for some real friends, all they ever do is let me down. Every time I let somebody in, then I find out what they’re all about. I’m just lookin’ for some real friends.” (Cabello). In this song, Camilla says that she is looking for some real friends. Which is exactly what the verse is about. 

The second song I chose is related to verse 6. Verse 6 is about karma. If you hurt someone, then some time or someplace, you will be hurt. Even if you didn’t mean it. Things always have a way of coming back to you, whether it is for the good or the better. The song that I chose is “Karma” by Alicia Keys. Alicia says “What goes around comes around. What goes up must come down. Now who’s crying, desiring to come back to me”. I think this relates to the verse because clearly it says that you should not do unto others what you don’t want done unto yourself. 

The third song I picked has similarities to verse 10. Verse 10 is explaining that the most important value in a person is to have a good heart. All the Rabbi’s said different things but in the end, Rabbi Elazar said the most heartfelt one which included all of their opinions. The song I picked is “Good Heart” by Elton John. The whole song is about having a good heart for others and yourself. 

My fourth song is based on verse 11. Verse 11 is about if one person said one mean comment or one small action, than it could drive someone out of the world (meaning: suicide). The song I chose is “Just a Thought” by Gnarls Barkley. Part of the song says “And so I’ve tried everything but suicide, but yes, it’s crossed my mind. But I’m fine”. This connects to the verse 

Because in the verse it explains how bad actions or words can cause someone to lose their life and this artist talks about thinking about losing their life. 

My last and final song choice is based on verse 15. Verse 15 is about the day being too short to really enjoy life. The bosses are mean. The song I chose is “It’s The Hard-Knock Life” by Annie. The title literally says what the verse says. That the boss is mean and the day is too short to enjoy the good things. These girls that are singing, are living in an orphanage so they don’t get the chance to enjoy life. Whether the day is short or long for them.

I hope you agree with my choices and understand my connections. Thank you for reading my post.

by posted under judaics, Judiasm, music | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar