Audrey's Blog

A Blog For You

Data Management and Graphs

November19

In math class right now we are learning about Data Management. My teacher gave us a blank graph and asked us to write a story that makes sense. I chose the graph about temperature (#3). This is the picture of the graph…

HERE IS MY STORY ABOUT TEMPERATURE (3#).

It was a long winter and it was really, really cold, people had hands warmers at the stores, the restaurants and the library just down the street. Then the end of school came around and there were kids everywhere. The temperature (line) raised up so fast. Since it was summer the temperature became hot so quickly people where even walking around in bathing suits. That’s why the line went up in the graph. Then fall came around and the temperature started going down, but since it was such a hot summer the temperature (line) went down slower than when summer came and it went up.                                                 THE END

by posted under Grade 5, Math | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Data Management and Graphs”

1. November 20th, 2019 at 12:38 pm      Reply Jon Mitzmacher Says:

Great blog post Audrey! You are doing a great job with your posting and you are posting about all kinds of interesting things!

I am not sure that I have read a Math story before…which came first, the graph or the story? Did you think of the story and then draw a graph to illustrate it or did you draw a graph and then write a story that explains it? Either way it is quite creative!

I look forward to reading your blog during the year to see what else you come up with!

Doc

2. November 25th, 2019 at 4:45 pm      Reply audrey2 Says:

Thank you doc for commenting. Mrs. Thompson gave us three choices of graphs (the picture is the 3rd one) and we had to right a story of one of them.
    Thanks again for commenting.
    Audrey

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar